Saturday, June 7, 2014

SS Timeline/ELA 1 word memoir

I loved the SS timeline idea!  I thought it was a brilliant idea with no drawbacks.  The activity utilized multiple learning styles, and since the teacher would ask students why they placed the American figures where they did on the timeline, she made sure the students had a logical reason for placing them where they did.  Also, if students made a mistake, they could easily fix it-it would have been more of a hassle to do if it were a paper/pen timeline.  It also was a great platform for discussion between students, which promoted critical thinking and collaboration.  I would definitely use this activity in my classroom.

I thought the ELA 1 word memoir was a powerful activity.  It showed how influential visual literacy truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment